Senior Controls Engineer
My client is an international organisation in the design and manufacture of regulated products. They employee over 1500 in the Hampshire area alone and have bespoke offices in the US, Australia, Canada, Singapore and across Europe. They are globally recognised as one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of their products and pride themselves on innovation and quality based solutions to suit their customers needs.
They have a growing need in their business for experienced control engineering professionals to join the team and contribute to their extensive work load. They require a Senior and/or Controls engineer to come on board and be responsible for the following activities:
- Analyse and improve production quality with control system software updates for manufacturing
- Design new SCADA system using Allen Bradley software (RSView32)
- Programming and modification of systems using Allen Bradley (Control Logix, RSLogix 500 and MicroLogix
- Design Panel View plus HMI.
- Working on Network Protocols (mainly DeviceNet, ControlNet and Ethernet)
- Test, Design and Communicate with the SCADA server.
- Installation and commissioning support of software for new machinery suppliers
- Working in a validated environment to numerous industry standards
You ideally will come from process controls background such as pharmaceutical, medical devices, food & beverage, water, oil & gas, for example, however other industry sectors will be considered as there elements in the job remit, such as validation, that are offered as training by the company. You will ideally have exposure of Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC platforms but again, other platforms will be considered.
You will also be a part of a 24 hour support team. as part of your role. Call outs are to a minimum and and you incorporate an additional 10% call out bones guaranteed as part of your base package.
These positions are quite urgent so please apply for more detail and I will call to discuss further. My client is a fantastic company with excellent retention rate and offer regular training and progression opportunity moving forward. The team are very friendly and personable and offer a great working environment.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Hampshire, Dorset, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Winchester, Fareham, Poole, Southampton, Basingstoke
Salary : £35 - £44 pa + 10% Guaranteed Bonus & Bens
Date Advertised : 19 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.