Trainee Java Software Engineer
* Junior Java SQL Associate Software Engineer - Bristol to £22K+ben Our client based in Bristol is a busy software house seeking an Associate junior Java SQL Software Engineer working with multiple products, solutions and clients, alongside other development teams on clients products.
* To develop clients Products ensuring the software meets the requirements and quality standards as defined by client and its customers.
* The role is associate level and successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a busy software house, working with multiple products, solutions and clients.
* To implement enhancements to clients Product offering ensuring the software meets the quality standards as defined by client and the customer.
* Typical Work Activities include:
* Working with development and quality assurance to implement expected system behaviour.
* Discussing solutions with the team and other departments to ensure the best solution is presented in a straight forward manner.
* Making code changes and unit testing of the code
* Investigation of problems and determining the best solution
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* SQL Skills
* Analytic problem solving skills and IT background.
* Ability to learn and keep up to date with new applications quickly.
* Drools Rule Engine, Spring Framework, iBatis, Oracle
* Eclipse IDE, Subversion, JUnit
* Experience of working in a Software House or Development centre.
* Familiarity with project methodology
* Computer Science Related Degree (or relevant commercial experience)
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* A passion/interest in Software Development and be able to understand complex software application.
* Focus on Delivery and Customer Service
* Calm, methodical approach to problem solving
* Need to have a can do attitude to problem management.
* Comfortable in a fast moving environment with multiple customers and tasks
* Works well in a busy environment and takes full ownership.
* Must live within easy travelling distance of office or be prepared to relocate , please mention this on your application
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol, Bath, UK, Nationwide, newport, Cardiff, bridgwater, cheltenham, swindon
Salary : £18k - £22k pa + bens
Date Advertised : 24 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.