Junior Application Engineer
Junior Application Engineer
Electrical, Electronic, Physics, EMC, RF, Microwave Engineering
£21k-28k + BONUS + PENSION + FULL TRAINING
Based - Dorset
Well established as one of the UK's leading providers of electronic testing services, the business continues to go from strength to strength. As a result of another good performance this year the business is looking to grow their team of Junior Application Engineers for 2013.
The role of the Junior Application Engineer will be as follows:
1. As a Junior Application Engineer you will spend 6 months in the lab shadowing other engineers and being trained up to conduct testing services yourself.
2. From there your role will be 100% office based reacting to incoming enquiries for testing over phone, fax and email.
3. You will be required to attend occasional onsite customer visits supporting the Business Development Manager.
4. As a Junior Application Engineer you will be responsible for the internal commercial and technical support of all customers and the field engineering team.
5. You will speaking to EMC test engineers and managers to fact finding around what their product is and what they are trying to achieve through EMC testing.
6. Your role will be specific to the Military, Defence and Aerospace market sectors.
7. You will be fully trained to be able to make the assessment as to what standard they need and therefore what testing is required for their products.
8. Price negotiation, producing and following up on quotations and tracking orders through to the IT system.
9. You will then need to keep in touch with the customer and continue to follow up until the customer is ready to order.
10. Cross selling and up selling additional services
11. The long term plan will be to train and develop you into a full time field EMC Application Engineer within 18 months to 3 year time frame.
The ideal Junior Application Engineer will have the following;
1. Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Physics, RF or Microwave Engineering.
2. Minimum 2 years' engineering work experience in roles such as Applications, Design, Proposals, Bid, Test, Design, Tendering or Engineer.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful Junior Application Engineer will be closely mentored by the engineering manager to smooth your transition into the role. The business is keen to promote from within therefore success will always be rewarded with progression technically or commercially.
How to Apply:
For further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 0116 216 7002 or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
For all of ATA's Technical Sales & Engineering vacancies, join our interactive job board on LinkedIn at [URL removed]
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Dorset, Dorset
Salary : £21k-28k + BONUS + PENSION + FULL TRAINING
Date Advertised : 11 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.