Senior Planner - Bristol
Other opportunities are available nationwide feel free to enquire.
Due to our continued expansion Rhead Group is looking to recruit a number of Senior Planners into projects for immediate deployment to UK clients. Key accountabilities for the role will be to create, improve and maintain project plans for high profile UK Defence programmes. This will require the leadership of small to large planning teams, development of the project WBS and logic network, assignment of resources and integration of project plans, with appropriate supply chain responsibilities.
Specific requirements will include:
* To establish, manage & control the project baseline schedule, including resource loading and materials system interfacing
* To incorporate changes and re-baseline plan(s) following major contract changes
* Directing the planning teams on required standards, behaviour, habits and good practice
* Conduct monthly analyses of the plan(s) and reports and produce informed narratives on schedule health and risks to planned milestone delivery for client senior management
* Conduct communication of conflict between schedule performance indicators, other KPIs and proposed resolutions
* Willingness to be security cleared if required by specific projects
* Identify training requirements for team members to improve competence and team capability
As such, the successful candidate will:
* Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a planning position, 2 of which must be at a senior level
* Demonstrate leadership qualities such as relationship building and team management
* Have the ability to analyse programmes, including critical path analysis, and communicate the results to relevant parties using appropriate reporting tools and methods
* Demonstrate the ability to create, analyse, interpret and report on key schedule performance indicators including earned value, innovative work scope performance indicators and forecast completion date
* Understand and positively influence planner behaviours, planning processes, standards and guidelines; demonstrate clear top down project planning management
* Possess advanced IT skills and be proficient in the use of appropriate packages. (Word, Ex-cel, MS Office)
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Primavera - essential
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use of specific packages (ARTEMIS and Microsoft Project) - desired
* Hold a relevant qualification (e.g. NVQ, PMDY, APMP or equivalent) -desired
Operating in this capacity will require the individual to direct and manage improvements and propose/present changes to the Project Management team. The Senior Planner will advise on and lead appropriate solutions and provide training tostaff to resolve project planning issues, demonstrating influencing skills with client senior managers.
Rhead Group is a privately owned consultancy, providing professional services and expert cost and project control capabilities for the delivery of major international programmes. Founded in 1985, the company is now managing a portfolio of international engineering programmes worth over £4billion per year. These projects are managed on behalf of private and public sector clients across the energy transmission, power generation, water, defence, aerospace and transport sectors from our offices in the UK, Australia, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
For further details on any of these roles, or to make an application, please click on the apply button below and attach your cover letter and CV including your salary expectations.
No recruitment agencies please.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol, Manchester, London, Birmingham, Gloucester, Southampton, Bournemouth
Salary : Excellent
Date Advertised : 06 Mar 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.